Carnival 2022 is Cebrating 60 Years so we are throwing Woodleys biggest party! With celebrations in full swing, the annual carnival brings our community groups and businesses together in Woodford Park (Memorial ground) for the biggest outdoor event in Woodley town's calendar.
The Carnival is held on the Memorial Ground (next to the Oakwood Centre) on Headley Road, Woodley and comprises of stalls from charities and local groups, a funfair, an arena full with acts from local groups, food outlets, a beer tent and inside the Coronation Hall teas/coffees and cakes by the local WI.
We have lots to see on the field with a classic car show, dog show, photographic show and flower show all taking place
during the afternoon.
There are also some fantastic displays from local enthusiasts of traction engines, caged birds and the photographic club.
Our roaming attractions are also sure to delight bringing bubbles, movie charaters and a dog that can drive and talk to the field.
For younger visitors we have a variety of FREE participation events thanks to our Headline Sponsors.
- Climb to new heights on the Spider Climb thanks to Trademark Windows
- Take a trip on the Smiley Train thanks to Lock Solutions
- Visit the animals at Hogg's Petting Farm thanks to K J S Solicitors
- Finish with a bounce in the Inflatable Worls thanks to Woodleys Estate Agents
At the heart of the Carnival field, our main arena is always bursting with activity from our local groups with a range of singing, dancing and acrobatic
displays for you to enjoy. With 11 groups performing throughout the afternoon all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the show!
- 13:00 - Bulmershe Gymnastics
- 13:20 - Anything Goes Theatre Company
- 13:35 - Official Opening of Carnival
- 13:48 - Hurricane Flypast
- 14:05 - Kick Twist Cheerleading
- 14:10 - Allied School of Dance
- 14:30 - Starmaker
- 14:45 - JG Dance
- 15:05 - Readiophonics
- 15:35 - Advanced School of Dance
- 15:55 - Thames Valley Chorus
- 16:10 - Indian Classical Dance
- 16:20 - Woodley Girlguiding
We have over 100 stalls on the field and they cater for every age group. Look out for the Carnival information gazebo where you will find members of the committee ready to answer any questions, plus a first aid tent and stewards on hand helping to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Hot food vendors and the Carnival bar will be on site to help keep you refreshed and fuelled throughout the day and the event toilets will be adjacent to the Oakwood Centre, this is also where the disabled toilet is situated. The Oakwood Centre toilets are not accessible from the carnival field.
There are ample parking facilities adjacent to the carnival field in the local Town Centre pay and display car parks.
All entry wristbands are purchased with cash on the gate and our local volunteers running the gates will do their very best to get you into the field with minimum delay.
ALL TICKETS ARE PURCHASED ON THE DAY AT THE GATES IN CASH
£10 for adults/seniors and £5 for children (16 & under)
- Come and go as you please with re-entry for the afternoon and evening
- Under 12s are FREE
From noon - 5pm is £4 for adults/seniors and £1 for children (16 and under)
- Last afternoon only entry is at 4pm
- Under 12s are FREE